Eighteenth International Conference on Unity and Plurality in Europe
International Forum Bosnia is hosting the Eighteenth International Conference on Unity and Plurality in Europe on July 30 and 31, 2023, in Mostar (the Bristol Hotel).
This year's programme consists of two public lectures:
- Sonja Biserko on The Instrumentalisation of Culture in Anti-Bosnian Ideologies and
- Sneška Quaedvlieg-Mihailović on Cultural Heritage as a Strategic Resource for the Green and Social Transformation of Human Lives and the Living Environment.
The academic section of the conference will involved two inaugural lectures:
- Loughlin Kealy on Conservation, Commemoration and Future-making, and
- Amra Hadžimuhamedović on Religious Heritage and the Politics of Memory in Bosnia
as well as two discussion panels:
- Contested Identities and Competing Claims to Cultural Heritage, and
- Social and Religious Plurality in the Abrahamic Traditions.
The invited speakers come from five countries. The conference programme is connected with the Eighteenth International Summer School on Youth and Heritage, which will be held concurrenly in Sarajevo, Mostar, and Stolac (from July 27 to August 12, 2023).