Centre for Modern Linguistics was founded in April 2008 within the framework of the Bosnia International Forum. CML is envisaged as a gathering place for university teachers and students with an interest in linguistics, and has the following missions:
- To contribute to the dissemination of scientific information in the field of linguistics and to the promotion of modern linguistics in Bosnia-Hercegovina.
- To participate in the study and analysis of the socially sensitive linguistic issues in the country.
- To support education and research in the field of linguistics.
CML is open to all linguists with a modern linguistic orientation. The founding members and the current full members of the Centre for Modern Linguistics are:
- Midhat Riđanović – Professor Emeritus at the University of Sarajevo
- Nedžad Leko – Assistant professor at the University of Sarajevo
- Nadira Aljović – Assistant professor at the University of Zenica
- Sabina Gadžo – Lecturer at the Sarajevo School of Science and Technology
These members and Prof. Rusmir Mahmutćehajić, the director of the Bosnia International Forum, constitute the Centre's Managing Board.